Wednesday, November 30, 2005

SAFE LANDING!!!

13:14 (London time) 5:14 am (Vancouver time)
WEATHER: about 7 degrees, feels just like Vancouver
TIME: 7:50 pm (8 hours ahead of Vancouver)

the plane hit the landing strip uneventfully thanks God!! Though we hit 3 VERY ROUGH patches, I felt like a popcorn kernel, scaryyyy!

It left on time and arrived on time, great. I got a sit with a roughed farting naco that was determined to fight to the dead for some elbow room, so I moved to very last row of the plane
where there were 3 unoccupied sits. Besides being able to lie down for most of the flight, I
spared myself going blue on the face by having to hold my breath for almost 9 hours, gross!

The food was kind of gross, I didn't eat it all, imagine. It doesn't help that Dean and I went for
a great steak dinner a few hours earlier. I photocopied the last few chapters of Diablo Guardian
so I read for about 2 hours and then fell into the arms of Morpheos, though I kept thinking....I
want to fall asleep, I want to fall asleep, and then we landed. I think I slept because my eyes were appropriately swollen and had the pillow marked on my face.

I found a cheap flight to Copenhagen but had to stay in London for a night. Even with the hotel it was cheaper than buying most of the "cheap" airfaires I found. I guess it's good so I can rest, be quiet, pull myself together, have a shower and tomorrow, well rested I'll start the adventure. My danish friends Gunnar and Roxana are going to pick me up at the airport and I'll stay with them for a few days. From there I'll go somewhere, not sure where and the next stop is Paris....

The keyboards here are wrong! so if there are many mistakes please ignore them, the Brits don't know where to put the keyboard keys!

Well, so I made it here in one piece, I'll keep posting. Marga, would you really post my pics when I have them?

6 Comments:

Blogger Raquel said...

Caro..toda la suerte del mundo en el viaje. Cuidate mucho y lo seguiremos de cerca!

12:22 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!.

Copenhagen is supposed to be quite beautiful. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. Plus its great that you can stay with friends for the first few days, until you get adjusted. .. Renee

1:22 p.m.

 
Blogger marcela en canada said...

In one piece and smiling, thats the way to start a good trip!
If Marga cant post your pictures, I can allways help.
Tella us about Copenhagen cause Ive heard great things about the city... I would love to read your impressions too.

3:39 p.m.

 
Blogger Marga said...

amigocha... mandame las fotos, la cosa es que no me dejaste los datos de como ingresar a tu blog... mandamelos por correo personal junto con las fotos que quieras que publiquemos... si no puedes (o quieres.. verda!) pos Marce esta puestisima tambien
Tu di rana y yo brinco!... pasala de lujo!!! come hindu por alla que es lo que les sale gueno y barato a los Brits!!!

11:10 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super chido que andes por allá!!
Me encantará leer tus choco aventuras :O)

Saludos a Deanito!

4:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Caro said...

oh my god! tengo respuestas a mi blog. Roxana y Gunnar me fueron a recoger, despues cominos bread with cheese and started dringking wine, we had about 7 bottles of wine and donøot even feel drunk!!
they live ina csuper cute little town outside copenhagne but tomorrow roxana and i will be spending the day there. i had a good cry today, i feel iøm getting sick. itøs cold, it looks beautiful. more to come. good night, now iøm in the future, you see, itøs 1 am in the morning here and itøs 4 pm in Vancouver. 9 hrs ahead.

4:09 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home