Sunday, January 15, 2006

ROMA - 2

Only a few days here and it's fair to say that I love it!

Rome overwhelms the senses in no time at all. There is music and much noise everywhere, so much to see -from people to architecture, art, shops to amazing sunsets; the food is so delicious and rich, and the smells of coffee, pizza and pasta are everywhere, touching things is a must from an ancient rock to a soft leather purse.


I can say that I am not that ignoratnt, I've studied art, travelled a bit, love music and art shows and all that. I have seen many exhibits by well known artists and not so well known ones and still I find myself truly amazed by all the things I have seen. Yesterday we went to Vatican City and of course to the St. Peter's Basilica....I have seen so many pictures of that place, but nothing had prepared me to see what it really is... impressive!! Those of you that have been there know what I am talking about and those of you that haven-t it's hard to describe. It is so grand and magnificent that it is normal to feel like a bug, yes, like a little earthy bug. I am quite sure that was part of the strategy, make people feel like bugs so they adore God. I still think that God is not that pleased that man uses him as an excuse to create such extravagant and grandious structures, but still it is breathtaking, just the sheer size of it.

We climbed to the top of the main dome and from there the perspective is simply amazing. Unfortunatelly I had a minor freight attack *i HATE heights* so it took a lot of effort to go around, I could hardly take any pictures and I even got a bit cry baby, a bit embarrased. From there, we kept climbing until we reached the outer part of the top dome and from there we could see Rome in all its splendour. Fantastic to say the least, there is a 1200 year building, together with some houses from the Renaissance, by a Blockbuster in front of a Baroque church *ill continue later 0 internet closing now).

1 Comments:

Blogger michael said...

it sounds so beautiful, i've always wanted to visit but havent had a change to yet. keep the posts coming!

5:54 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home