Wednesday, July 04, 2007

B-day - PART DEUX - THE PARTY

First I wasn't going to do anything, but then I though....yes, do something, a marker for the new decade and chapter in my life. So I organized a party for myself at some lounge. I wanted to have a salsa party but it's impossible to find somewhere in Vancouver that let you dance... heck! what is wrong w/this people, so this lounge was the best option, and it was also good so my non-salsa friends would enjoy the time too. So I had it on June 9. I enjoyed it but i would have liked to dance! hahaha.

At the beginning of the party I was sitting w/some friends when I saw a guy that looked familiar.... I thought "gee, I'm tired"..... then I turn around again and well, the familiar guy WAS familiar, Alex, he came from Mexico just to my party!!! I was so happy, and that was the best ever super surprise I've had. WOW! I still think maybe it didn't happen but well, picture to prove it! I know I look chinese, hahaha, but couldn't stop smiling!


We've know each other since we are 9!!! Love this guy, this surprise will be hard to surpass!



At the famous party there were about 1/2 salseros and 1/2 non-salseros. People came and went and it was a good show. here are some pictures




These are my Polish girlfriends. They are a lot of fun!

salseros and not salseros



Salseros!!!





Renee and Wayne, Eric and Irving.

The Spanish (from Spain) girls! They are sooo much fun!

Salsa friends, Don and the Polskis Lechek and Silvac

Salsa and non-salsa. Vero from Argentina and Alonso (w/me, from Chile)

A little S&M never hurt anybody!

the Polskis are very animated. I got a very happy bday sond in polish

Oh! so sad, Alex was in Vancouver for 24 hours. After my party, we went to a Polish party where he danced "pajaritos a bailar" in Polish, hahahaha!!! I guess he'd never danced that nor met any crazy poles. We talked until the early morning and then went for breakfast and then I took him to the airport....
It was super-extra-special to have you here...Thank you!

The following Sunday, Vero (from Australia) took me for a delicious brunch at a beautiful french bistro that I haven't gone to yet, it was great !!

So, at the end of the day I had a great bday. It still sucks to turn 40 but well, I really can't complain much as I'm surrounded by great people and all of you made it very very special, and much easier to swallow such pain!!! HAHAHA.

3 Comments:

Blogger marcela en canada said...

What a way to celebrate... you must have been so tired at the end!!

It was a good way to welcome a new decade.

12:39 p.m.

 
Blogger Beatriz said...

Pues manita, espero te la hayas pasado bien y bonito, porque ni la reina ha salido tan festejada.
Eso si, si asi fueron los 40's, habra que empezar a ahorrar pa' los 50's

10:36 p.m.

 
Blogger Raul said...

Sorry I missed your birthday!!! :) I didn't know it was recently... Happy birthday!!!

10:09 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home