Wednesday, July 04, 2007

MY BIRTHDAY

Today is one month since I crossed the line. I've been soooo busy that haven't had time to post about my week long bday celebration.
To start, Bea, Richard + Carlo took me to Whistler on sat jun 2. We left in the morning and when we arrived we went straight to the bar for nachos and beer. Sat there enjoying the sun and the view and then around 1 pm Bea and I went to meet our group to go Zip Trekking.




They have put zip lines connecting different points of the mountain!! First they give you a little "training" at the base of the mountain and then everybody is taken to the starting point by bus. There are some beautiful canopies criss-crossing the trees that take you to the zip line. As there are many, many groups going all the time, they take the time to explain the ecology of the area, the sustainable measures they take to conserve the forest, the flora and fauna, so it's also educational.



Going down the longest, highest zip line, that was sooooo much fun!


Once you get to the "drop" zone the guide hooks all the gear to the zip line and off you go....aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! it's is SO MUCH FUN!! highly recomended and open all year round. I want to go back during the winter, when everything is snowed! I think we did 6 lines, the longest one is i believe .5 km and it's high, I mean, it starts at tree top height and goes over the river! it was awesome. The last line we were taught how to go upside down, and of course that was fun.

After the zip line we went for drinks and dessert, and then shopping around the village and in the evening we went for dinner on our way back home. It was a FANTASTIC day and it was so nice to spend it with my baby sister who will be forty in 3 years.....hahaha, the forty year old baby!!!


DAY 2
My good friend Renee had invited me -about 1 month ago- to the spa. She said she wanted me to wake up on my bday all pretty. So, her and Wayne picked me up and we go off to the spa. Bea was bit ticked off that she wasn't included. Anyway, what to do!! So, we arrived to the SPA, filled out the forms etc and we went to the room...and SURPRISE! several of my girlfriends were there. We had a spa party!!! The room is big, with a big movie screen, a bar, several manicure and pedicure stations. We had champaign and appetizers, and we watched a couple of movies, yapped, and all the girls got pretty toes, some massages and some facials. So it was so much fun to have a spa party!!! Thanks Renee for organizing that, she did a great job! I had NO IDEA! she tricked me, but heck! i like being tricked like that.


watching a movie




With Eileen



Pretty toes


DAY 3
My bday. I got so many phone calls, it was awesome, even 2 from China, hihihi. Then I spent the day with Bea and we went for a great Mexican dinner.


with Carlo at dinner!


DAY 4

Marga designed and made my bday cake. Isn't it awesome?? Too bad you guys couldn't make it to the party! and it was delicious too, chocolate cake, YUM!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home