Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SIGUE ROMA


Rome is wonderful, wonderful. I love it and want to live here!! hihihi

Of course the Vatican is the biggest corporation of the world, I am very well aware of that, but from the point of view of what we all get hammered in our brains about what the Church should mean, it doesnt make sense and its ridiculous. Big reason why I am not a devoted catholic as I see a lot of hypocrisy /dont know how to spell/

Anyway, I have heard that he Colloseum was not that great but went anyway and I found it amazing as well, that is such a familiar structure and though not as im[pressive as some of the other buildings it is a great sight! I can imagine it when it was all marble and painted adn with the people walking around in their roman outfits watching the animal shows. We heard a few tour guides saying that the lions eating Christians is more fiction than fact....go you to know. I find that my brain is so saturated with information that it is hard to remember things, besides de fact that i am definately having an affair with that German guy, Alzheimers, hahaha.

The Palladin, the place where rome was founded is a beautiful archeological park. Walking around there takes you to another time, it's all green, with those beautiful tall, dark green trees with flat tops and cypruses. The ruins are somewhat well preserved as when you look carefully there are areas where the polychromatic mosaics are still visible. I really like the very high narrow hallways with the arched ceilings. There are several fountains and the backdrop of the city with several churches are perfect for some amazing pictures. My digital camera is kind of crappy, though it is supposed to be a good one. The Sistine Chapel was everything it is meant to be, I was truly touched, stayed there staring at the ceiling for over an hour and ended up with a bad neck ache. I really need a massage, carrying the suitcase, climbind the bunk beds and carrying my day bag is heavy, my muscles hurt, well, at least I can still feel some muscles after all the gelato, hahaha

The sales in Europe started on Jan 12......aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!! well, I had to shop, Italian clothes at 70 off....wonderful, it was an amazing exercise on restrain. Perhaps next year I will come back with 2 empty suitcases. Everything fits except the jeans, the ones that do are so low that are obscene really, they look good on the veryyoungskinnycarrot girls.

Rome, rome rome, all roads go to Rome, I wonder if there is a road there for me to go back soon, well, maybe, and yes, he Italians are truly attractive and vein, but well deserved, all tall dark and handsome and really well dressed, great shoes!!!

The sunsets are amazing, now I know where Raphael got his colour palette, i got some pictures of the ski that i will send soon. Inspiration, we are surrounded by it, just a matter to keep on looking, not with the eyes but with the soul.

It is well after 2 am now, I am very sleepy and guess where I am..... Firenze!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home