Monday, June 05, 2006

OOOOOUUUCH!!

The inevitable happened yesterday, June 4, my birthday!

I love my bday but really, as the years go by I am starting to have mixed feelings about it.It's like, arrrghh, no longer belonging to the "young" crowd. I have girlfriends that are in theirmid-twenties that have told me they would like to be like me when they grow up! imagine! I amthe one that usually said those things. But well, really, better to keep accumulating bday cardsthan not, otherwise I would have to be practicing flight patterns before my daily tea and cookies(of course, in heaven) or, maybe I would be dancing salsa in hell?? either way, I rather have bday parties. This year was like a kiddies party. People came for brunch at 10:45 where we had waffles, and little boxed juices and chocolate milk, and bagels with cream cheese and salmon,and looooots of fruit salad, ice cream cake with princesses on it and chocolate cake.


From there, we all went bowling to a very old 5 pin joint where the lanes are in a basement all painted black, with fluorescent ink planets and they play disco music. When we arrived it was full of 9 and 10 year olds! imagine, I told you, kiddie party The funniest is that we are all highly unskilled at bowling, Veronica had the highest score at 120 points! Renee's boyfriend was impressed, by our lack or skill, as his 10 year old daughter scores over 150 per game. But well, bowling is not a necessary skill, though I wondere why the ball doesn't just hit all the pins, c'mon it's very simple...........hihihi. It was a really fun day!



I got some really nice gifts, flowers and several calls from Mexico, ahhhh, that always makes me soooooo happy. o yes. So next year I have to think about a big way to start the new decade, or perhaps I should justignore it and pretend it didn't happen

4 Comments:

Blogger Raquel said...

Caro, congratulations again!!
It was great celebrating with you. Company was great and the food...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhh!
Hugs.

10:39 a.m.

 
Blogger marcela en canada said...

I was glad to see that you were enjoying your birthday and your friends. Next year, definately, has to be a big celebration!!

10:35 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ora, si yo no soy Alex !! que le pasaste a hacer a tu blog, caballo?

6:10 p.m.

 
Blogger Beatriz said...

Jaja, ahora el gatito se llama Alex!!!!

Oyes, escuhca a las princesas, pues miralas lo bien que se ven y eso qye ya le llegaron a los 60's

11:52 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home