Monday, January 01, 2007

FINALLY....2007!!!


Good morning new year!


THE POLAR BEAR SWIM
What a weird way to celebrate the beginning of the New Year!



Reagardless of the weather, people go to different beaches and take a swim. People wear customes, there are fund raisers and just plain crazy people. The ocean here is COLD ALL YEAR, so I never swim, but this year, I finally made it to the swim. The water burns because it's soooo cold. The body goes in shock, frozen, then warms up and then you don't feel anything. I got frozen a few hours later. But Bea had the good sense to take a big thermos with coffee and Bailys to warm me up right after I came out of the water. It was raining, cold and miserable as you can tell from the pictures. I'll write more about it later.




4 Comments:

Blogger ElGato said...

Amaneciste pedita, hermanita??? JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

2:40 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haaaaaayyyyy Juana.......
Nos divertimos de fin de año hey
bb

11:33 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm leaving a comment on your blog! You look great and not too blue either from the cold!

9:54 p.m.

 
Blogger marcela en canada said...

No lo puedo creer?!?!? Hiciste el polar bear swim?!?!?!?

1:42 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home