Friday, March 16, 2007

BUT IT'S ONLY 1 VAN.....

I don't go to Starbucks because I don't like companies that exaggerate their "social" awareness, I try to buy local, drive the least possible, recycle, etc. I know it's just a grain of sand in the big picture but I'm trying to do what i can. I think that goes the other way too. My good friend the other day showed me a van she wants. It's a massive monster thing, it's only her. I asked her....Why do you need such a big thing, it only pollutes, uses resources, etc?....she said, hey Carolina, it's only ONE van.....needless to say we got into a heated conversation about the power of one - for better or for worse.

I think ONE is a lot of power, because lots of ONES are millions and millions. I think for many things it's time that people stop thinking ONE, it's never one, everything is connected.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raul said...

It is people like YOU who effect a change in this world :)

Thanks for contributing with your own little grain of sand :)

12:16 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cuando como un dulce, guardo el papel en mi bolsa, hasta que llegue a un bote de basura y entonces lo tiro.
Porque es UN papel menos en el suelo.

4:16 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home