Saturday, December 24, 2005

BRUGGES

Well, now this is a Beautiful place, I loved it. I wish I had stayed there a couple of days. It's a truly different place, with cobble stone roads, quaint little shops, beautiful narrow buildings with pointy roofs. Very colourful. In the main square there is about 1000 years of architectural history, from romanesque, baroque and gothic, to a very modern structure created in 2002 by a japanese architect. The shops are so nice and with the Xmas season it makes it even more special.
The lace work is beautiful and the chocolates......mmmmhh!!! guess what I ate all day!! And fries with curry sauce, and waffles with chocolate and I had a stomack ache by the end of the day. Never mind that I ran half of Brugges looking for my tour bus as I lost them while I was getting some envelopes....they didn't leave me and I was lucky!





I spent my last day in Brussels, it's a nice city but 1 day or 1.5 day would have been enough, I would have liked to stay in Brugges better, anyway, the last day I went to Mini-Europe, it's really nice, a bit infantile but the models are amazing, all the details are awesome, also went to see the Atomium which is an impressive structure built for the 1954 Expo.

This morning I took the train to Holland, I am spending Christmas with my cousins, Bertha and Eric live in a really nice suburb, just got here and I better go and get changed as we are having our Christmas dinner in a little while.

1 Comments:

Blogger marcela en canada said...

Feliz Navidad Carolina!

12:16 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home