Saturday, December 17, 2005

REPORT ON FASHION



Well, I am in Paris so a fashion report is a must.....

Girls, boots are a must: tall, short, pointy, suede, leather, the more hair or fur the better and if they are cowboy boots in any colour and with a lot of embroidery better. Today I almost buy a pair of cowboy boots, chocolate brown; up to the knee; sueade and leather; gorgeous but didnt fit right; I also tried a pair of pink suede boots; that didnt fit either. I am looking for a pair of boots as the ones I brought are looking so terrible that they just dont fit in this fashionable city.

Tights: opaque black and all sorts of different knit patterns with boots and skirts, or pants just below the knee;

Heels: mandatory, needle or thick but heels or ballerina type shoes

Hair: well cut but not necessarily combed

Make up: a must; either very natural a la Chanel or very smoky eyes and pale mouth

Nails: medium lenght, well manicured either natural or french or really dark red or purplish, not to long and not square

Purse: the bigger; the better

Scarfs; the longer the better

Shoes: pointy; not too pointy but well polished and colourful

jeans: cool and either wide leg but more really thight tube ones to tuck inside the boots

Details
-the more hair, OK; fur if you can afford it the better whether it is shoes, purses, coats, necklaces or hair things;
-embroidery with stones and or sequences, elaborate, extravagant (not tacky; please note that)
-lots of texture in the fabrics and combination of different materials like knits with lace; brocades and jeans; that kind of thing:

Men
Pointy shoes
Funky wool coats
Cool jackets
Long scarfs
Short hair
No facial hair
Nice casual shoes
cool jeans


NO NO NO
runners
fleece
Sky type jackets
wind breakers
baseball caps
(the only ones wearing these are northamerican tourists or the really french low class)


I will update this section when i remember more observations: Questions??? ask the fashion observer, from Paris, carolina becerra reporting


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ay no Carolina -- that means I have to throw away half of my wardrobe and shave off my goatee... at least my cowboy boots are pointy. Then again, by the time I get there, men's fashions may have swung back around. Have fun and keep stylin! Marcos

4:03 p.m.

 
Blogger Beatriz said...

Hey Marcos. even when I don’t know you and I am not in France, I am sure that you will look much more handsome without a goatee, runners and a baseball cap, the boots.., OK it’s the fashion.

8:02 p.m.

 
Blogger Caro said...

hey marcos; well maybe try the parisian fashion and the poor girls in Raleigh will be falling like bugs in the light::::that didnt sound too good eh; but im sure you know what i mean

1:53 p.m.

 
Blogger marcela en canada said...

This fashion description is great, I love it. Although I have to say that it only happens in Paris, no? The list of NO's is very Vancouverite...
Need one for girls :)

7:00 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home