Monday, December 26, 2005

BRUSSELS

Brussels was a nice place to go but 1 or 1.5 days would have been enough. My favourite thing was all the art noveau around town, I really like that style so it's very nice to see it as part of a city. The Horta museum is quite nice. In general I wasn't too impressed with the city, it doesn't feel safe and there's garbage in the streets. Everything seems dark and it was hard to know if the stores were open. At 9 everything was closed but there are lots of small bars and really beautiful looking little restaurants. The Christmas markets made the city very lively, the part that I liked the best was the market behind St. Catherines Church. It was really lively and fun. There was a group of carolers and everyone was dancing and singing. Around Brussels now there is the Winter Festival so several streets have a fair kind of atmosphere, this street so far is the best one. It's a boulevard and there is a ferry's wheel, a bar with a live band, several stands selling different things such as Escaragot (13 for 3 euros), strawberries and champaign, there is a full bar, sausages from Spain, Oysters, waffles, and I bought a bowl of potatoes cooked in a cream/cheese sauce with ham, and chives and it was absolutely delicios - and about 3 milllion calories - but well worth it. . Of course also all sorts of chocolate, waffles, crafts, etc.
I also went to mini-europe which is really a kiddy park but the models are so well done I really enjoyed it, at the end there is a Europe museum which I found really interesting. My favourite place of Brussels was the Grand Place, beautiful! during Christmas time they project stuff on the cathedral and aaah! I think I already talked about it. Anyway, I guess I'm annoying people here with me being online while they have dinner, but heck its 11:31 at night, I am not hungry and last night I had one of my puking episodes as something poisoned me and was too sick. The food smell is making me sick! Tomorrow I am heading to Amsterdam!! yuppy









1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caballo, cuenta mas de la Navidad...que hubo de cenar, quien estaba, hubo regalos, fue el 24 o el 25, donde se quedo toda la pelotera........??? Y claro que despues de atacarte de chocolates el vomito era inminente..elgatitolindo.

2:31 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home