Sunday, August 13, 2006

FAVOURITE TEACHER

I was a pretty good student, school was just easy for me. Never studied. though I know i was considred a Nerd, hahaha!

For me teachers are some of the most important people in one's development (besides family of course), but if you are lucky enough to have good teachers early on that teach you to love learning, it makes a difference. I had such luck. In Pre-primaria, Miss Cristy was that teacher, she made learning fun and challenging and she was a very loving woman, not mushy, just whole. Then, grade 1, Miss Paquita, WOW! to this day I really love her! I remember sitting in class, listening to her and the way she spoke about things made a mark in my tiny impressionable brain. So I was set, I think, at that point to learn quickly and to love it. Then came Miss Malena and Miss Mary, both amazing teachers in their own right. And then in Grade 4, 5, 6 the good teachers seized to exist except for my grade 5 english teacher, Miss Lupita, she was another one of those teachers that inspire. All through Secondary school, Maestro Negrete, I loved Math because of him. He had a gift to teach students, he was well liked and was very strict. Though, sometimes he was rude as hell. One time he punished my two friends Legos and Omar and they had to do all the equations of the Baldor, they did them ALL and then Negrete just threw the body of work in the garbage! what an ass, but Math we learnt! Then in High School, Lydia, the psych teacher, she was so young, but she taught me lots of things besides psych theories. And in college, the best one, Rick C, he made "design" fun, light and practical. So I guess those are some people that I will always remember with love and gratitude.

Whenever I see them, I always give them a hug and thank them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Davis, a history teacher in high school changed the course of my life. I wanted to be an architect, but instead studied political science. I work as an analyst for a news group. Interesting blog. Keep posting.

2:03 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home