Wednesday, November 21, 2007

WORK EXPERIENCE ANYONE?

I was reading my Raul's blog and I got an idea for this post. I've always done a million different things so here we go, starting from my earlier memory of making a buck.

a) I've sold things since I was 6 - my first merchandise were GRASSHOPPERS. Even then I knew the value of design in the business world: I took a shoe box and "designed" it so it would be "attractive" to the boys that were paying $1 per grasshopper so they could give them to the girls.....HAHAHA, I don't remember what story I told them about them. I've sold oranges, candies, tortas, purse hooks, you name it.

b) I've taught: math + physics tutoring, when I was hired during secondary school summers by one of my teachers; aerobics at the Echegaray Spa Lady during high school summers; and design since 1999 at the uni where I studied and now doing some corporate training workshops, not bad. I like teaching.

c) Office stuff: was a secretary during the first year of my first business, 2x making $22 p/h very good for 100 years ago. For a couple of years I worked as an interpreter and translator...the money was very good. During college I worked at the Library shelving books 3x week 7-9 am.

d) Other: have babysat, cleaned houses, painted houses

e) Design: the last 15 years design has been my primary job, from silly things to some really good corporate work.

So I guess all my life the same themes keep repeating. I start things, I create things and HECK~ I sell things......mmmhhh....... I can't believe I got away w/being an interpreter...I don't even have a ticket...HAHAHA


so i want to hear anybody telling me that I don't work......

4 Comments:

Blogger Beatriz said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:22 p.m.

 
Blogger Beatriz said...

Beatriz dijo...

TOMEN CHANGOS SU PLATANO!!!!!
pero hermana, ya ves que el potencial existe, asi es que a tupirle a la busqueda, veras que pronto podras mantenerme jaja

10:23 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caballo:
Y también escribías un diario que era muuuuuy interesante y que por lo tanto nos robábamos para leer todas tus historias cuando íbamos a tu casa de San Mateo, así es que chance y también de escritora puedas girarla. Y que tal si de ahí te haces millonaria.

6:33 p.m.

 
Blogger Marga said...

Por eso te quiero Carola... porque le entras a lo que te gusta y no te detienes hasta encontrar lo que te apasiona.

keep it up!!

7:49 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home