Monday, October 29, 2007

WEDDINGS AND INTERNET DATING

While in Mexico I saw a few of my friends. I was telling them that I was on an dating internet site and they were all horrified, LOL.....first I become a salsa dancer and then I am on-line dating.... I'm sure they are wondering if I have lost my mind.

Well, the dating thing sucks. I've met some nice guys but most of them are boring, no gump, no joie-de-vivre...although everyone on the profiles say they are the last coca-cola in the desert....well, maybe they are but not for me. But to be honest, at least in Vancouver there are quality guys on the net. In fact, one of my best friends here, Renee, met her future husband on the net, that was a year ago after 2 years of being very diligent and dedicated dater. Ana Laura my sister met her husband on-line, I know of a few of such cases. So, eventhough I'm not looking for a husband, I think it's time for me to start dating, or at least thinking about it.

But in the meantime, I wish Renee and Wayne a short engaement and congratulations to you both!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Raul said...

I have to say that, despite my reservations, I have no qualms about internet dating anymore. I have met several nice people online, though I am not entirely sure we're suited for each other in the romantic sense. However, I am now much more open to romance and internet dating.

7:56 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see your point. I've met some nice guys, not for me, but not psycho/killer/stalkers either. But well, i guess it's all practice. Going salsa tonight? you are becoming quite the mistery man!!!

6:03 p.m.

 
Blogger Beatriz said...

pues uno nunca sabe donde encontrara el amor, pero gracias a dios por el internet y por toda la gente valiente que se anima a este tipo de dating

10:48 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pues me sé más historias, mi super amigo alemán de Munich, conoció a su actual esposa en línea. Ella es de Tanzania y se aventuraba en esos momentos como hostess en un lugar turístico en California.
Pero aquí en México, es visto como una señal de super desesperación, y aunque yo alguna vez lo intenté sin ningún éxito, pues nunca lo comento con mis amigos.

8:01 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home