Tuesday, January 31, 2006

MAS BARCELONA

Mi amiga Martha (de Espana y de Burnaby) muy linda me dio contactos de sus amigos en Barcelona. Conoci a su hermano Albert muy simpatico que me ha invitado a una fiesta y otro dia al cine con sus amigos del hiking, a group of really nice and interesting Barcelonians. Two of them took me for a Valencia dinner with cidra after the movie and we had a very animated evening! So thanks Albert!

Also, I have met 2 of Spain´s wonders: Rafael and Jomelo, another 2 of Marthas friends. They are the funniest people ! I went for a coffee with Rafael and he took me on a quick walking tour of Barcelona, showed me all the amazing design stores that Erwin so kindly recommended and then went for lunch to his place. He shares his piso with his friend Jomelo, a beautiful place and we had a great lunch served by the cook! so nice to eat like we use to eat at home. Then Jomelo, who is a developer and architect took me around to see buildings and imagine, a private architectural tour of the city by someone that knows a lot about it! well, I had a blast and learnt a lot. We went to a bar to have a bikini and a clara (ok, i had a coffee) and a clara is a Michelada by the way. Then Rafael joined us again and they took me to eat Jamon Iberico and beer and to show me the seedy part of town! more churches, the school of design, the hospital and all with explanaitons, anecdotes and a lot of laughs. We ended the evening totally drunk at some Ramblas bar .... not true about the totally drunk! Great day!!

I have gone to so many places that it is hard to remember. My brain is really, really tired. Today I went to the Guell park where I met a Kiwi and we toured around together, and then to the Tiditabo mountain where we met a great spanish couple with whom we are going to go out tonight to celebrate Oscar´s bday and the best way is to be the ACCIDENTAL TOURIST, when things just take their course amazing things happen!


Montserrat sculptures and a section of where people put their candles, mine is a red one in the bottom left hand corner. Photo. CB2006 Posted by Picasa

Tibidabo is the highest point in Barcelona and there is a big church, and during the summer a fair. Right below it there is a fancy neighbourhood (don't remember the name).


View from Tibidabo Posted by Picasa

That day we were about 2 degrees in the morning and by 2 pm it was about 20! great but not when carrying 10 kilos of winter clothes!!



more view from tibidabo. CB2006 Posted by Picasa

I bought a pair of Campers, the very spanish shoes that Martha always wears, they are yellow! i wasn´t to kesen at first, but then i put them on and oooooohhh, they are sooo comfortable.

OK later i will post more on Barcelona, take care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Caro, glad you could get some comfortable shoes for the touring, with all the mileage you're putting on them! Seems like wherever you show up, it becomes "The Place To Be" in all of Europe at that moment! Sigue gozando.... Marcos

10:56 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home