Monday, March 06, 2006

More about friends

The previous post I was talking about what ignites a friendship? what propels us into seeking and nurturing new friendships with strangers - because all friends at some point were strangers.

I think it might be recognition at a primitive level, perhaps at an esoterical or really subconcios level (met them in my previous life), perhaps it's that you see the good parts of yourself reflected on them, I don't know, I haven't made up my mind about this one. But nevertheless throughout my life I have been blessed with excellent friends, o yeah!, how sweet is that.

In the last couple of years I've had the luck to meet some Mexican women that are all truly amazing, we are all very different in many things and very similar in others. A little group was formed and every time we get together is the Mexican Beauties Night. We talk about everything. One night the topic of conversation was cleaning, cooking, what broom you use, if we clean the toilet or the fridge, etc, etc, it was really, really funny, we laughed our heads off and as we are all educated, professional women we laughed even more at the topic of conversation. Other days we talk about politics, or our plans, goals and dreams; the other night the main topic was about violence in Mexico city and the experiences we've had with robberies, kidnappings, etc. The point is that it is a bond forming, life lines, a zone where we can be ourselves with each other, no barriers, and the best is that there is this raw honesty from all of us, in a way the quote I read when I was 9 is true, as all these women are becoming my "sisters". I talk about this particular group of women as they are my newest friends, sometimes when we are together I start thinking, OK, so how did all started? what was the glue? Perhaps it is a silly thing to try to understand "the mechanics" simply it IS, but I like pondering with those kinds of questions in my head.



Lupita(Daniela's mom), Beatriz, Daniela, Yo, Raquel, Marga, Marcela


And this other photo is a photomontage created by Marga (she is also a designer). I got it while I was travelling, when I opened the file I was very touched and at the same time I bursted into laughter as I find it to be such a great image, it captures a lot of the feeling going on with the Mexican Beauties Night...

4 Comments:

Blogger Raquel said...

Hola Caro...

I am so glad that Marce introduced me to all of you. I have an amazing time and learn a lot when I see you...plus, I love your rings :P !!

Big hug!

12:29 p.m.

 
Blogger Marga said...

Gracias por la flor amiga... me encantó hacer el montaje! Pero bueno, no quiero dejar pasar la oportunidad para decirte lo mucho que significa tu amistad para mi, eres una inspiración y un motivo para no tenerle miedo a lo que no conozco... entiendo perfecto cuando dices que cada una de las amigochas reflejan un pedazo de uno mismo y la verdad es que yo creo que sin ti en el grupo no hubiera existido el "pegote" que hacía falta para encontrarnos. La reunion de bellezas es de las mejores cosas que han pasado y cada vez se pone mejor!

Que bueno que estas de regreso!!

6:06 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caballo, are you going to kill me if I tell you that with these pictures the glue is obvious?? The need of belonging into a group that has the same background. I recently met this woman who lives in Coronado. Instant friend. Why?? Same background. same college. mutual friends. same places we went and no need to explain who is Chespirito. I got a little jealous/sad/cynical/pissed, because a group of close friends (or various groups, truth be told) has always been an integral part of me, and I miss not having it here. so thanks god for email/phone!!!! Lady Juani.

11:11 p.m.

 
Blogger Raquel said...

Aaaaw! Lady Juani Party POOPER!!!
I do think that there's something special in the glue that brought us together, and that would be: the real desire of a number of women to spend an afternoon together,for everything that we have in common and in spite of everything we do not.

1:43 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home